- This policy is not applicable to either companies other than 5xRuby and its subsidiaries or personnel not employed or authorized by 5xRuby and its subsidiaries.
- Before deciding to use any of the services provided by the website (hereinafter “services”), please make sure to read and understand the entire agreement.
The website may change the terms and conditions of this agreement at any time. You will be responsible for regularly checking this area and for reviewing any such changes. By using the website after any such changes take place, you signify your acceptance of the change(s) and your agreement to be bound by them.
2. Information collection and usage
- The website will collect and use user information for purposes such as marketing, consumer protection, consumer / client management, e-commerce services, financial accounting, contractual matters, research analysis, and data processing. When required by law, the website may also provide personal information to non-government agencies.
- The website may collect users’ information when the user registers with, browses, accesses services provided by, or participates in ad or promotional campaign initiated by the website. The website may also obtain the same personal information from its business partners.
- At the point of registration, the website requests for personal information, such as name, e-mail address, and other related materials for user identification purposes. The website only provides the accesses and services to users upon successful registrations.
- The website collects transaction data between you and 5xRuby and from relevant business partners. These include specific products and services that are directly obtained from the website.
- The website automatically collects certain information from your web browser regarding your use of the website. Examples of information collected from users include the Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, information in the website’s cookie, and the contents you viewed or searched for on the website.
- The website will use the collected information for the following purposes, including: improvements to advertising and web contents; responses to users’ requests and notifications to users on new services, activities and products.
3. Information sharing and disclosure
The website will not disclose or share any personal information excpet per special request or when permission is received from the user. Other exceptions include:
- When 5xRuby has already signed a confidential agreement indicating that the website will use the information either for appropriate marketing purposes or with trusted business partners. In the event that personal information is needed to help improve the services provided by the website and its business partners, the users will be sought after and notified. Our partners will not be able to share the user data with any third parties independantly or without permission
- When we are requested to comply with government laws, regulations, legal procedures, and orders which are aimed at protecting public interests, assets, and safety
- When we respond to subpoenas, court orders, and legal processes, or acquire and excercise our legal rights. Should any dispute arise between the user and the website, the users agree that the Taipei District Court of Taiwan will be the jursidictional court of the first instance
- When investigating illegal activites, acts of fraud, matters concerning personal safety. Or violations of the websites terms and conditions
4. Your rights to your personal information
In accordance with Article 3 of the PIPA, you will have the option to exercise the following rights with regard to the personal information shared with the website:
- Make inquiries and request for a review or duplication of the personal data. The website may charge necessary fees for any costs incurred from such procedures
- Request the website to supplment or modify your personal information. For such a request, you may be asked to provide a proper explanation, as required by law
- Request the website to delete or discontinue the collection, handling, or utilization of all personal user information
- In a manner compliant with the law, the website reserves the right to not follow or grant any of the aforementioned requests
- The website will store as well as access its own cookies on all users’ computers.
6. Data protection
To prevent unauthorized parties from accessing, modifying, or leaking personal user data, the website will take steps to implement proper safety measures. The data searched and recorded on the website and the appropriate safety measures chosen will all be reviewed carefully. Considering how the safety of transmitting data on the internet can never be guaranteed completely, users should keep in mind all possible risks associated with online data transfers and take responsibility for any information shared with or obtained from the website.
7. Personal information protection
Be sure to protect all passwords and personal information, refrain from disclosing private user information to any third party, and register with the website upon completing all necessary membership procedures. When using a shared or public computer, please make sure to properly close all relevant browsers to prevent others from reading your personal e-mails or information.
8. Contact method
Should you have any comments or suggestions, please contact 5xRuby.